Instagram Stories, like Snapchat Stories, only stay on your feed for 24 hours or until the person who uploaded it deletes it.
Unlike Snapchat Stories, however, Instagram Stories do not vanish fully after 24 hours. While Instagram Stories are no longer visible in your feed after 24 hours, they are still saved in the app. Don’t worry if you upload a story and it expires before you get a chance to save the video; you may still restore it.
You, like many other users, may be unaware that this function exists, much alone how to utilize it. Let’s look at how to access previous Instagram Stories.
How to Find Old Instagram Stories
Only your mobile application allows you to access older stories. On the web version of Instagram, the archive function is not accessible.
- Open the Instagram Application and go to your profile by pressing your profile symbol in the bottom right corner of the app.
- In the upper right corner, tap the three horizontal lines.
- From the bottom, an options menu will appear. Choose Archive from the drop-down menu.
- An archive page will appear, with the Stories Archive as the default. If not, pick Stories Archive from the drop-down menu at the top.
How to Save Old Instagram Stories to Camera Roll
You may save your past tales to your camera roll after you’ve located them. You may store the tales in your phone’s local storage by following the steps outlined below.
1) When you’re on the Stories Archive page, tap the tale you’d want to preserve.
2) In the bottom right corner of the article, tap the More button.
3) Select either Save Photo or Save Video from the drop-down menu.
4) This will store the tale in the gallery on your phone.
Accessing Your Expired Instagram Stories
As the popularity of Instagram Tales grew, more users began asking for a means to view their stories outside of the standard 24-hour time restriction.
Instagram responded by introducing the Highlights and Archive features in 2017. Highlights enable you to aggregate narrative aspects and publish them as a normal post on your profile. They’re called Highlights, but they’re just like every other Instagram post.
The ‘Archive’ option stores your tales for later use. It’s crucial to keep in mind that your tales are only stored for your own use. Others, on the other hand, will vanish after 24 hours, as is customary.
The archiving option should be enabled by default, but if it isn’t, go to Settings and enable it. In your Privacy Settings, go to the “Stories” page and turn on the “Save to Archive” option.
Follow Techia for more!