What’s the use of having the finest product line if people don’t buy any of it? What’s the benefit of developing the most innovative app, if users aren’t aware of it? How is the most responsive customer service relevant, if nobody can experience it?
Through all these questions, I am trying to draw your attention to the importance of marketing to run any business. Setting up a company will just get your foot in the door, acquiring potential customers to grow the company requires effective marketing strategies.
Marketing is a communication channel that positions any business in the competitive market. It helps to build a relationship between a business and its customers.
So, if you are a great marketing agency but still you are unable to attract an excellent clientele, an ill-drafted marketing sales quote could be the reason.
What is a marketing sales quote and who needs it?
A marketing sales quote is the document that lists down the cost of your offerings. It also unfolds the details of your marketing services along with the timeframe.
Suppose you own a digital marketing agency and need to send a marketing sales quotation to one of your prospective clients who requires a website upgrade. Here are a few services you need to include with their respective costs:
- Evaluation of the current website
- Primary and secondary research
- Website strategy
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Email outreach
- Landing page designs
- Social media marketing (if required)
A well-drafted marketing sales quote enables marketing agencies and freelance marketers to put across their services in the best possible way. It helps them clearly communicate with their prospective customers and effectively close more deals.
Which companies look for these marketing sales quotes?
With the internet being all over, it’s easier than ever to be an entrepreneur. The number of small and medium-sized businesses has been witnessing an accelerating upward curve in the internet age.
But, not all of them succeed.
Do you know why?
Because they cannot market themselves efficiently. Managing product development and marketing simultaneously can get grueling. There can be multiple roadblocks like lack of resources, lack of experience, etc.
This is why they look for smarter ways, like outsourcing their marketing services.
You need to identify such businesses and pitch in the right service to get started.
Components of an ideal marketing sales quote
Here is a list of some standard components your quote must contain to get shortlisted by the prospective customer –
The cover page, also known as the title page, contains information like the name of the business quotation (if any), company’s name, client’s name, and your company’s logo.
Client’s and company’s details
This section comprises basic information about both the companies (name, address, email id, contact number). Do add a short note describing your way of functioning for the client’s better understanding.
Clearly list down all your offerings in the quote. Make tables, add row and column headers, etc., to provide a neat and easy to grasp format.
You must look into every detail while drafting a sales quote’s pricing structure. Ensure there is no room for any confusion as this structure will guide all the future payments once the deal is finalized.
Terms & conditions
The terms and conditions govern the overall agreement between the seeker and the provider. It is important to have clarity here to avoid any future disputes.
Signatures act as a confirmation of deal closure. You can use the eSign feature available in sales quoting software these days. It’s an easy way to fetch signatures without wasting time and energy.
7 tips for creating an effective marketing sales quote that attracts customers
You have competitive prices to offer.
Your customer service is one of the best.
But, are you still struggling to draft impactful quotes and win more deals?
Here are some tips to give you a strong head start –
- Carry out intensive research to be well aware of the prospect’s needs and preferences.
- Choose to work on editable templates to keep your brand design guidelines intact.
- Adhere to a proper structure to create error-free quotes that read well.
- Use good quality visuals to add value to your marketing sales quote.
- Present your past successes. Add relevant case studies, testimonials, and success stories to build trust.
- Ensure clarity so the prospect easily understands all that you present.
- An impactful CTA towards the end of your quote is a must.
|Tip: Drafting a perfect quote manually opens up a set of different challenges. You can simplify this extensive process by shifting to a sales quoting software.|
Want to draft an impactful marketing sales quote? Try Revv
It is a sales quoting software with the following features –
- It offers a rich template library that has a variety of easy-to-use templates. Give your documents a professional look by using these legally vetted templates.
- The rich drag and drop editor lets you customize your marketing sales quote according to your needs and client’s preferences. You have complete flexibility over your quotation.
- Do you have a Google Sheet that contains pricing information for all your marketing services? That’s wonderful. You can directly link that sheet within your quote using app integrations.
- This tool lets users collaborate seamlessly. You can add notes, mention comments or suggestions for improvement or any correction.
- You can send the final quote to the client to get their approval through eSign. Drop an eSign block and add the details of the signer; there can be multiple signers too.
- You can track the user’s activity (who viewed, commented, or eSigned) on the sales quote via activity tab.
On a Final Note
Curating and managing marketing strategies efficiently is a rare skill to have. Your marketing sales quote should flaunt your strengths and skills. Leverage the features of a sales quoting software to customize your quote in a way that highlights all your unique selling propositions. Check Techia for more!