Cross-app texting between Instagram and Messenger has finally been implemented by Facebook. Several new features are coming to Instagram’s message, or DM, interface thanks to this shift. Custom emoji responses, vibrant chat themes, message replies and forwarding, selfie stickers, disappear mode, animated message effects and Messenger’s Watch Together function are just a few of the many Instagram messaging enhancements recently launched. The ability to react to a particular message on Instagram is one of the most helpful features of Instagram Direct. A new feature allows users to quote and respond directly in a direct message on Instagram. This function on Instagram is comparable to the “Swipe to respond” option seen on messaging apps like Messenger and WhatsApp. It’s easy to react to a specific message in a group or individual chat using the swipe to reply feature. Longer talks, particularly in big groups, take on new significance thanks to the cited responses.
On Instagram DM, the original message is quoted when you respond to a message. This lets the recipient know exactly which message in the chain the sender is responding to. Text messages aren’t the only way to respond; you may also send videos, photos, voice messages, stickers, emojis, and GIFs.
This time, let’s explore how you may respond to a single message on Instagram 2020 on both iPhone and Android devices. In Instagram direct messaging, there are two methods to quote a reply.
How To Reply To A Particular Message In Instagram DM
Install the latest Instagram direct messaging update if you don’t already have it.
- On Instagram’s ‘Home’ page, click on a Messenger button in the top-right corner.
- Begin a one-on-one chat or a group discussion.
- The “Reply” button is located at the bottom left of the message you wish to respond to.
- Tap Send to send your answer.
Read More: Best Ways How To Get Your Snap Score Up
How To Reply To A Specific Message In Instagram On The iPhone
The direct messaging capability on an iPhone must first be updated in order to react to a particular Instagram message. Using this method, you may respond to the message you’re interested in:
Verify the direct messages on your Instagram account. Open the Settings menu on your profile by clicking on the Profile link. “Update Messaging” may be found there.
You can access messages from the feed by tapping the messenger icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Get to know each other better.
- To begin, locate a message you want to respond to and then click on the message. Tap it and hold on to it for a few seconds. Keep moving your finger to the right until you see an arrow emerge.
- Messages you’ve previously chosen will now appear linked to the text input field above it. Then hit “send” to submit your response.
You may also reply to a particular Instagram message by using the following method:
- If you want to change the version of your direct message, go to your profile, then Settings. “Update Messaging” will appear as an option.
- When you return to your feed, press the top right corner of your screen to access any direct messages you’ve received.
- To react to a message, locate the discussion in which it appeared.
- Tap and hold on to the message you want to read. Choose “Reply” from the list of available choices.
- Your chosen message will be displayed above the text input field on your screen. Send your response by entering your response here.
How To Reply To A Specific Message In Instagram On An Android Device
Android users may only reply to a particular Instagram message if the direct messaging functionality has been upgraded. To reply to a message sent via the app, follow these steps:
- Tap the person symbol at the bottom of the screen to go to your profile on Instagram.
- Go to “Settings” and then “Update Messaging.”
- Tap the paper aircraft symbol in the top right corner of the screen to return to the stream.
- To react to a message, locate the discussion in which it appeared.
- The message shows above the text input box when you hold and then slide to the right.
- Enter your response here. When you send a message, it will include the response you provided in the body of the message.
You have the option of responding to Instagram messages in a different way:
- The paper aircraft symbol is located in the upper-right corner of your Instagram feed and may be used to view your messages.
- Find the message you want to respond to in a chat and click on it.
- Hold the message in your hand until you see three choices on what to do with it.
- Click “Reply.” This response will be shown above the text input area.
- Enter your response here. Attachment is a feature that lets you attach a message to your reply.
How To Reply To A Specific Message On Instagram On Android & iOS
When you respond to an Instagram DM message, the original message, along with your response, is quoted. This explains to the recipient the message to which the sender has responded in this case. In addition to text messages, you may react to videos, images, audio messages, stickers, emojis, and GIFs.
Android users may easily react to a particular message from Instagram by following the steps below. This tutorial, on the other hand, is based on screenshots collected with an Android phone;
- Install the latest Instagram direct messaging update if you don’t already have it.
- Find a message you wish to respond to in the Instagram app, then tap on it. To reply to a message, just hold down the message’s icon until you see the word “Reply.”
- Your message has been typed and sent.
- Responses appear at the top of each message, so everyone can see what you’re replying to at any time.
Ways Reply To A Specific Message In Instagram DM On Android
Reply To A Specific Message On Instagram Using Swipe To Reply
- Find the message you wish to respond to in your IG app. You’ll be able to respond to a message by just swiping right on the message.
- The original message will now appear above the text field. If you’re responding to a particular message, you’ll know exactly where it came from. Once you’ve finished, use the Send button to send your message.
Reply To A Specific Message On Instagram Via The Reply Option?
- Find the message you wish to respond to in your IG app. Press and hold the DM you want to reply to for a long time until you see the Reply option appear, and then touch it.
- Send your message now by typing it into the box provided.
This is how you can reply or respond to a specific message in Instagram DM on Android. Is that something you’d use again? In the near future, Instagram is likely to introduce additional tools like these. Facebook alerts may be received immediately on Instagram conversations by connecting your account to Instagram. Your Facebook pals will not want to use Facebook Messenger anymore after you’ve experienced this.
Follow Techia for more