Using poll bots and without poll bots, you’ll learn how to conduct a poll on Discord both on the web and on mobile devices.
Using online polls, you may get a sense of how the general population feels about a wide range of issues. When used effectively, they may be a potent tool for gathering customer input on a product or service. You may also use polls to gain a sense of your target audience’s psychographics or demographics. Steamers with Discord communities may utilize polls to keep the group active and offer their fans an opportunity to express themselves. For another thing, polls are more likely to get individuals to participate since they just need a single click.
Use polls on Discord even if your firm already utilizes the platform for business communications. Simple yes/no questions may be used to elicit quantitative input on new product features, such as when and where to host a corporate retreat. Discord polls may be created in a variety of methods, as we explain in further detail in this post.
Read More: How To Clear Calendar iphone
How To Set Up Poll Bot On Discord
Poll bots such as Simple Poll Bot, Poll Bot, and PollBot Advanced may be found on the top.gg website. Because of its huge server count, we decided to use Simple Poll bot instead of other poll bots:
- Now that you’ve chosen your Discord server, click on the “Continue” button to proceed with the installation of the Simple Poll bot.
- Check out the permissions for the Simple poll bot on your server in the following box. On the “Authorise” button, we’ll provide it access to your Discord server’s permissions.
- Upon completion of the preceding stages, your poll bot is ready to be used, according to this notice.
How To Use Poll Bot For Creating a Poll On Discord
This is the time to teach you how to utilize the Discord Poll Bot for producing a variety of polls, such as the following:
You may use the “/poll” command to access the Discord poll bot. Once you’ve learned how to utilize the “/poll” command in your Discord server, I’ll teach you how to design a basic poll. To begin, we’ll type the command “/poll” in the chatbox of our text channel to begin the process. Following this, Discord will display you the “/poll question” syntax, which is the first step in utilizing the command. As a new poll question, we’ll ask, “What is your favorite animal?” Press “TAB” after you’ve entered your poll question to obtain a list of poll alternatives. For the sake of answering the question, these are the possible answers. Once we’ve clicked on “choice a,” we’ll write down the first option as the name of a panda. You must hit “TAB” again to add the following choice. Enter a value in the second option, “choice b.”
Read More: How To Fix Facebook Dark Mode Android Not Showing
How To Make a Poll on Discord Using Emoji Reactions
With Discord’s built-in reactions’ feature, you can rapidly put up a poll and generate results. Sending a message to a channel where you wish to ask a question is how it works. To make sure everyone knows about the poll, be sure to include the hashtag @everyone. Discord’s built-in emoji responses may then be used to communicate members’ opinions.
There are a number of ways in which you may utilize the (Tick mark) and (Cross) to indicate whether or not someone agrees or disagrees with what you’re saying.
- Enter your poll on the server and channel of your choice.
- Your poll question may be entered here.
- Enter the poll instructions by pressing ‘Shift + Enter,’ then moving to a new line and adding the @everyone tag.
- That’s all there is to it; channel members may now respond to the poll question with the emojis of their choice.
With more than two alternatives, you may use the number of emojis to make it easier for your members to vote in a poll with more than two options, like this: Discord polls may have both advantages and disadvantages when employing reactions.
Setting it up takes just a few minutes.
- You can see how many people voted for each choice right away by checking the total number of votes.
- Voting anonymously isn’t possible since Discord will disclose who submitted the response when you hover over it when you linger over it
- Members may respond to the poll with irrelevant emojis instead of following the instructions.
- Furthermore, fresh messages may override your poll question and drown it out.
Read More: Instagram Says I Have A Notification But I Don’t How To Fix It
Create a Poll Channel on Your Discord Server
Alternatively, you may build a separate channel on your server for polls and queries. Follow these steps to make it happen:
- Using Discord, click on the “+” symbol next to “Text channels” in the left sidebar to expand the list of channels.
- Simply type in a channel name (such as “Polls”) and then click the “Create Channel” button.
- Permissions may be found by selecting gear next to the channel name and clicking on it.
- “Roles/Members,” pick “@everyone,” select “Read Messages,” and “Add Reactions,” and deactivate all other operations.
- Save your changes by clicking on the ‘Save Changes’ button.
From now on, you may only use this channel to create Discord polls. Members of the server will only have access to view and respond to the polls you’ve posted in this channel, not submit their own messages.
Follow Techia for more
Leave a Reply Cancel reply