Until the password change process is done, no address will be available from this wallet for changing the Metamask password. User accounts, hard wallets, and wallets with a private key are all examples of these addresses. You must also reconnect the Metamask wallet to other hardware wallets after updating the password. So, before you make any adjustments, keep in mind what I’ve said.
In Metamask, you’ll need a 12-word Secret Recovery Phrase to update your password. If you’ve never shot one before, you owe it to yourself to do so.
You must have a Secret Recovery Phrase before proceeding to the next phase. Otherwise, you won’t be able to alter the Metamask wallet’s password.
How To Change MetaMask Password Or Reset It?
You must reset your MetaMask wallet in order to change the existing password. However, you must remember or have your secret recovery seed phrase in order to reset your wallet. It’s probable that you won’t be able to access your wallet if you don’t have this seed phrase. To reset the MetaMask password, simply follow these steps:
- Now go to the location where you access your wallet, open the wallet extension, and log out.
- To do so, select the profile icon.
- Select “Lock” from the drop-down option that appears.
- You’ve arrived at the MetaMask login page.
- You must choose the option to import the account here.
- You will be prompted to input the recovery phrase when you click on this link.
- Now carefully type the 12-word recovery phrase.
- Then, in the provided field, type your new password.
- Retype the password and select “Restore.”
Read More: How To Fix Your Windows Will Expire Soon
How To Login to MetaMask With Password?
- By pressing on the MetaMask icon, you can access the app.
- There is a blank spot for passwords on the main screen.
- Simply type your MetaMask login password here and click the “UNLOCK” button.
Why is MetaMask Password Not Working?
If you keep getting an invalid password when trying to enter your MetaMask wallet, it’s possible that you’re mistyping it or that you’ve forgotten your MetaMask password. In that scenario, you can attempt to recover your wallet, which will also reset your password. To do so, go to the supplied screen and select the “import using Secret Recovery Phrase” option. To reset your password, you must first click on this link and then follow a few key procedures.
Read More: How To Delete All Posts In Facebook
After learning all of this, we can confidently state that resetting the MetaMask password is simple. All you have to do now is make sure you have the recovery phrase. You wouldn’t be able to reset the password otherwise. Apart from that, you must keep the information out of the hands of others in order to prevent wallet hacking.
Follow Techia for more!