Is your screen showing the message “the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b” error on your Windows OS? Are you finding it hard to resolve the error?
It is not something unusual. Many users every day face this problem and try to resolve it. This article is specially created to assist those who were having this error. The article covers all the essential aspects that are related to the problem including the causes, signs, and finally the solutions. It is important to understand that the problem may create a complex situation but it is not something that cannot be resolved.
If you want to save your time and your system then it is time to correct the problem well in time before things get out of control.
What Is Error 0xc0007b?
Windows is the most used user-friendly operating system. Users all over the globe are using it to run the computers both at the individual and the organizational level. Windows 10 helps in several ways. In current times you can also get Windows 10 for your handheld devices including cell phones. Although it has no limitations and problems still there are times when you may face a problem working with Windows 10. It is important to keep in mind that Windows 10 is an operating system and it can crash like any other OS. Usually, the problems are reported while playing popular games or using essential applications. Error 0xc0007b appears on screen as “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.”
This unable to start message is related to the systems that are using Windows 10. The problem can be annoying as you are not able to run your popular applications but it must not cause unnecessary stress and panic. There is no need to stress about the fact that how can it be corrected. If you know the possible reason for the error then there is nothing difficult especially when it comes to correction of the error.
What Causes Error 0xc00007b?
Before finding a solution to the error displaying on your screen it is very important to check what is actually causing the problem. If you are getting the error message 0xc00000 7b/0xc000007b on your screen while executing any application or your favorite game then you may experience a sudden stopping of the tasks.
Usually, the problem occurs when the two environments being 32 bit and 64 bit get mixed up. This is because you are using a 32-bit application while you are trying to load a 64-bit DLL. This kind of problem is reported quite often when you are enjoying your favorite games like Watchdogs, Outlast, and Dead Island.
If you are using Windows 7 then you will get an error 0xc000007b or 0xc00007b message appearing but in the case of Windows 10, the users get “0xc00007b error fix Windows 10 64 bit” error message.
Read More: Best UI UX Companies
Games That Get The Error Message
Usually, the error 0xc0007b is reported when you are trying to launch the following games.
- Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag ( AC4BFSP.exe )
- The Elder Scrolls Skyrim ( SkyrimLauncher.exe )
- Battlefield 4 ( bf4.exe )
- Dirt 3 ( dirt3_game.exe )
- Call of Duty: Ghosts ( iw6mp64_ship.exe )
- Diablo 3 ( Diablo III.exe )
- Watch Dogs ( Watch_Dogs.exe )
- Just Cause 2 Multiplayer ( JcmpLauncher.exe )
- Child of Light ( ChildofLight.exe )
Read More: Sims 3 Registration Code
How to Fix The rror?
Depending on the different reasons behind the error you can check from the following possible solutions.
- Correcting The .Net Framework
In many situations, the error happens due to the faulty .NET framework. The easiest way out is to either update the .NET framework or get it repaired.
- Go to the Control Panel by clicking on the “Start” button.
- In the Control Panel choose Programs and Features.
- In the left panel, you can click on “Turn Windows features on or off”. As you proceed a window will appear on the screen saying “Windows Features”.
- In this new window, you can hit .NET Framework followed by pressing OK. the file will start downloading.
- You can install .NET Framework after the download completes.
- You can recheck the status of the error by restarting the computer and trying to run the application.
- Running The Application As An Administrator
If you acquire the privileges of an administrator you can run several applications. It can be one of the remedies to resolve the error 0xc00007b. If you want to run the application as an administrator then you need to follow the given steps:
- Open the properties of the application. This properties section can be opened by right-clicking on the respective shortcut of the application. This is where you can choose to click on the properties.
- As the properties dialog box will open you need to click on the Compatibility tab. Click to change the settings for all users.
- Check the box with the title “Run this program as an administrator” box.
- Confirm your choice by clicking OK.
Read More: Coke And Popcorn Alternatives
- Updating The Program
Is your program failing to start? One of the reasons can be the fact that you are running an outdated program. Thus make sure to check that the application you are trying to run is updated.
Microsoft intends to help the users by releasing patches that can be used for Windows Defender and Security Essentials. These patches help to resolve the issues related to the updated versions of discovered holes, and malware definitions.
There is no need to ignore these patches by Microsoft. It is very important to keep checking the updates and getting the drivers that are missing. It is also pivotal to get the essential stuff updated in time.
All this is possible provided you go to the official link of Microsoft and check for the updates. In this way, you can keep updating all the drivers without spending additional time.
- Installing DirectX
DirectX is must-have software to run many of your favorite software and games. In many systems, it comes along but it is important to keep it updated to run the software easily. If you do not have the latest version installed on your device then there is little to worry about. You can update DirectX by simply going to http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=35 and then following the given instructions.
Read More: Best Coin Master Free Spins Link
- Get Microsoft Visual C++
Once you install Microsoft Visual C++ you can handle the error 0xc00007b. In some cases, the wrong configuration of the Microsoft Visual C++ Package can be the cause of the error. If it is the reason then you need to download either 32 bit or 64 bit of Microsoft Visual C++ from the respective links that are as follows:
- Update Xinput1_3.Dll File
If the mentioned file is either missing or it is not working properly it means that the application is showing an error because of this file problem. 0xc00007b can arise due to damaged, lost, overwritten, or outdated xinput1_3.dll.
Thus, to resolve the problem you have got the compatible version of 32-bit xinput1_3.dll by following the given steps after getting the backup of the original file.
- Download and then extract the 32-bit xinput1_3.dll file.
- Copy the file that you have extracted and then paste it to C:\Windows\SysWOW64. You have a choice to choose the “Copy and Replace” option if you find a prompt on the system.
- Once you have completed all the steps make sure that the problem no longer exists. In case this is not resolving the problem you may try using the DLL Repair Tool.
- Disabling The Third-Party Applications
Third-party applications can be one reason for facing the error 0xc00007b. If you are witnessing the problem due to a third party then you need to resolve the problem in just a few steps.
To start with you need to log on to the system as an administrator. Once you have completed all the steps to resolve the matter you can restart the computer and settle the problem. The sequence of troubleshooting events in correcting the error is as follows:
- Go to the Run dialog box by using the keys Windows+R together. Once the box opens type ‘msconfig’ followed by entering the key.
- In the window that pops up following this step check the “Service” tab. Go to the option “Hide all Microsoft services” and then press the “Disable all” button.
- The next path to follow is Task Manager > “Startup” ta. In the startup item, you may choose the target items and then click to disable them.
- Close the Task Manager. In the System Configuration window click ok.
- Restart your system to check if the error is no longer there to bother you.
- Running In Compatibility ode
The purpose of suggesting this remedy is to check if the error is due to compatibility. Once the problem is resolved you can start playing the games and using the applications in compatibility mode.
- Go to the application icon that is giving you hard times and right-click on the same. Check the Properties section.
- Choose the compatibility mode. In the box next to Run this program check to run the program in compatibility mode.
- Choose the older version of Windows from the drop-down menu.
- Click OK after applying settings.
You are now ready to restart the computer or laptop to check if the error still persists. In case the error is not resolved yet you may try moving to the other solution.
- Checking The Corrupt Files
If any of the essential system files get corrupt it becomes hard to run the system smoothly and this would, in the end, result in the 0xc00007b/0xc000007b error. Thus, if you are not able to resolve the error using any of the above solutions then you can try running the SFC which would in the end let you repair the system.
- Use the administrator privilege to check the command prompt.
- After opening the command prompt run the command SFC /scannow.
- You are now ready to scan the system and the files on it. If you find the error Windows Resource Protection and the corrupt files, then it is important to check by using the following commands: dism /online /cleanup-image /check health, dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- Restart the computer to see if the problem is resolved.
Read More: Spotify Premium APK Offline
- Using The Repair Tool
It is hard to manage things manually. If you set out to start handling the things manually it can in the end be a gruesome affair. It not just consumes a great deal of time but can also leave many stones unturned. If you are not proficient in handling computers then this can bother you a great deal.
In this situation, the best solution is to get the PC Repair Tools that can permit you to repair the damaged, lost, or corrupted files and keep the system running without showing any error related to system failure.
All such tools are easy to manage as once they are launched they will scan and then detect the error. It can handle several problems like DLL errors, Registry corruption, Application errors, malware check, protecting against file loss, and resolving BSOD errors.
This is the detailed account of the essential things that can help you in understanding the error called.0xc00007b. This article has highlighted the reasons and all possible solutions that in the long run can be of extreme importance if you are viewing the message of error. This will be helpful when you are using Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7.
To correct the error it is integral to settle the problem in a sequence. The step-by-step resolution of the problem can be of great help. There is no need to jump to the solutions abruptly. Following all possible solutions in an orderly way would let you diagnose the error properly and in this way you can correct the problem successfully.
Follow techia.net for the Latest Technology Update and news